Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas
If you have immediate relatives who are U.S. citizens, they can apply for immediate relative immigrant visas. An “immediate relative” is defined as a spouse, parent, or unmarried child under age 21.
Unlike all other immigrant visa categories, the number of immediate relative visas issued each year is unlimited, and not subject to national quotas.
The following visa categories are for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens:
- IR-1: Spouse of U.S. citizen
- IR-2: Unmarried child below 21 of U.S. citizen
- IR-3: Orphan adopted abroad by U.S. citizen
- IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the United States by U.S. citizen
- IR-5: Parent of U.S. citizen