GETTING A U.S. GREEN CARD
Any member of your family with a Green Card can enter the United States at any time, pursue any work or business, live anywhere, and stay as long as he or she wishes.
- Green Cards are permanent. Green Card holders may travel to the U.S. whenever they want without the need of a visa, and can stay for as long as they desire.
- As Green Card holders, your children can benefit from much lower resident tuition costs at State-run universities.
- As Green Card holders, your children may work in the U.S. while they attend college and then continue to work afterwards, enabling them to pay for part of their education and to work while attending graduate and postgraduate studies.
- As Green Card holders, your children don’t need to bother getting OPT visas in order to work after their studies are completed. They can work wherever they want for as long as they want.
- As Green Card holders, your children will not have to worry about competing for the extremely limited number of H1B work visas. They will be free to work wherever and for whomever they like.
- As Green Card holders, your children can easily apply for U.S. citizenship within five years of entering the country.